Unable to upload SCORM 1.2 or 2004 output (Articulate Rise) on LMS.

I have published a course using Articulate Rise (with latest version - published on 27th Feb 2019). I am unable to upload it on our LMS. I have also checked the output in SCORM 1.2 player. It shows the following error when uploading. Please help us to resolve this issue.

 

Problem validating manifest
(file:/C:/Users/XXXXXXXX/reload/reload-scorm-player/server/webapps/reload-scorm-player/course-packages/Rise4/imsmanifest.xml: 8, 85): cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: '78kGFRryoIRp6Wnbsw05gAreBo2QDg6Wudc7A0nH' is not a valid value for 'NCName'.
(file:/C:/Users/XXXXXXXX/reload/reload-scorm-player/server/webapps/reload-scorm-player/course-packages/Rise4/imsmanifest.xml: 8, 85): cvc-attribute.3: The value '78kGFRryoIRp6Wnbsw05gAreBo2QDg6Wudc7A0nH' of attribute 'identifier' on element 'manifest' is not valid with respect to its type, 'ID'.

4 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Yougesh,

Did you try uploading your course to SCORM Cloud to see if you see the same error?

That's what we generally recommend doing to determine whether the problem stems from the course or the LMS. Here's an article that walks you through how to do that.

If it works correctly on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is coming from the LMS and you'll need to talk to your provider.

If you see the same issue on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is likely coming from the course itself. If that's the case, please reach out to our support team.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Anthony Karcz

Hi Yougesh! Unfortunately, it sounds like there might be a problem with how Moodle is handling this particular file. I recommend reaching out to their support team to see if they can shed some light on this. 

If it turns out there is something we can do to help, please reach out via the support link Allison posted above. We'll be happy to take a look. 

Stan Dormer

Hi here is my two penny's worth. I reported a problem with uploading a SCORM 1.2 export to our LMS (which is SAP LITMOS) where our LMS reported 'failed upload'. So I changed the format to TIN Can and now our LMS reported failed 'Mainfest'.

I opened a case with the ARTICULATE team and they suggested that our LMS was at fault, as they managed to upload the file to the SCORM cloud.

So I examined the two exported downloads and could see that the TIN CAN manifest file was missing. So our LMS was correctly reporting the situation.

In a moment of random madness I duplicated the course, changed the course name and re-exported it again to our LMS. This time success. And this time the export content now included the Manifest file. So I've no idea what was the difference and why the older course did not generate correctly. The only clue I have is that the older course had remained static for more than six months and duplicating and renaming it caused something to happen.

I've also discoved something else, when I duplicated the content some of the notes format text items in the old course, that had a coloured back drop, had changed their format causing the coloured background to vanish. New mystery.

Regards, Stan.