Undo/Redo Actions with Articulate Rise

Jul 02, 2019

Just started to work with Rise. Wonder if we have an option to undo an action or revert to a previous state if we made changes accidentally? 

Also, is it possible to track changes between the different published versions of a Rise course?

15 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Roshan! 

You can use CTRL+Z to undo text edits, and an undo button appears briefly in the lower left-hand corner when you delete a block. 

It sounds like you need a feature in Rise 360 that allows you to revert to an earlier version and track changes. Thanks for letting us know what you'd like to see in future updates!

Carolyn Hammer

?Thank you!

Luckily I had a pdf that I could recreate it with. I've duplicated it now. But please developers - we need version control!!!

Kind Regards
Carolyn

Carolyn Hammer
Digital Engagement Advisor | The Arts Unit
T 02 8512 1184 | + 61 414 636 909 | carolyn.hammer1@det.nsw.edu.au | education.nsw.gov.au

Digital @ The Arts Unit - access resources

https://www.artsunit.nsw.edu.au/digital-engagement

Follow us

Twitter: @NSWEducation
Facebook: @NSWDepartmentofEducation
YouTube: NSWDepartmentofEducation<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCledbqfmI

Trista Todd

I've read the feedback in hopes of finding an answer regarding undoing an action. It's so easy to delete a section by accident. I find it hard to believe and somewhat frustrating that there is no way to undo an action once the "undo" box goes away. This box is only present for about 3 seconds and if you miss it, you've lost your chance. There really needs to be a way to undo/revert back and have some sort of version control. I see the requests here going back for at least 3 years. It does not appear to have been given much thought on the development side. Is there a reason for this? Trying to understand...

Beatrice Atcheson

Come on! I cannot believe there is no undo, I've just accidentally deleted sections that I designed on the fly and cannot get them back. This is unacceptable in todays design software surely? I was just about to share the 'final version' with the approver and now cannot do so. Yes my own fault, but an easy mistake to make. I've tried the ctrl 'Z'. it's not working.