Unlicensed copy of the Froala Editor. Use it legally by purchasing a license.

Apr 19, 2018

Hello,

I was surprised when I got this message by editing content in Rise (see attachment).

Does anybody know what it means? I'm sure having payed my articulate 365 licence :-).

Best regards,

Joachim

22 Replies
Bret Jorgensen

Hello Joachim, 

We've seen this issue when users are accessing Rise from an incognito window (Chrome) or a private window (Firefox).

If Rise does not have access to your local files (cookies), this error around the activation of the text editor in Rise is displayed.

Can you tell me a bit more about the environment you are in and what browser you are using? 

Joachim Bessell

Hello Bret,

thanks for your fast reply! I opened it with Opera but did this all the time before. After that message apeared I also opend Rise with Firefox. I had the same issue.

Opera Version:

Browser-Identification
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/65.0.3325.181 Safari/537.36 OPR/52.0.2871.64

Firefox:
59.0.2 (64-Bit)

Bret Jorgensen

Hello Joachim, 

I can't speak to the issue in Opera as it's not one of the support authoring browsers for Rise.

However, a modification went out very recently that would only require that you refresh the web page from Firefox or Chrome to remove the error. 

Are you currently seeing his issue after a refresh of Firefox or Chrome?

Allison LaMotte

Hi Fredia,

I'm sorry you ran into this issue. What is the URL of the rise course in the address bar? Does it say "https://rise-runtime.articulate.com" instead of "rise.articulate.com"?. The correct URL should say rise.articulate.com. If it says rise-runtime.articulate.com, try deleting the "-runtime" in the URL and hit enter (not refresh). 

If that doesn't work, the quickest way to resolve this issue is to have our Support Team take a look. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Dianne. First -- your exported courses will be unaffected by this message. Hopefully, you can feel relief about your work!

Let me know if you're still seeing this error after refreshing your browser. We recommend the following steps:

• Use a supported browser for authoring your course
  • Clear your browser cache
  • Make sure you're accessing Rise 360 at https://rise.articulate.com/

We're happy to help further if those steps don't work!

Dianne Callaghan

Thank you for your response Crystal. I use Chrome and clear my cache regularly. In case this info helps, the URL starts as rise.articulate and then changes to include 'runtime' when I do the export. I'm not doing anything differently than I have the last 18 months. The last export before this was done in January this year and I didn't encounter this message. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.