Unplayable media in Rise

Feb 20, 2019

Yesterday I loaded up a series of micro learning segments to a rise structure. They looked good and played well. 

Today, when I open the same structure, I see a message  saying,"The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported."

The metadata from the file is:

Video:

1920 x 1080HD

15 fps 

rendered via H.264 codec to industry standard MP4 wrapper.

(also tried HEVC to MP4 wrapper - neither worked)

Audio: AAC, Stereo 48000kHz

Browser: Safari 12.0.3

Can anyone offer advice please?

16 Replies
CPE CC LEAD

Taylor and Allison, 

Thank you for replying so quickly with your assistance.

Taylor: the media is hosted in Rise (possibly AWS)

I logged in as the same and only user we have, ME :) and I simply tried to look at it in Preview mode.

I've since tested it on other browsers and finding Edge as well as Internet Exploder to be a complete waste of space; it plays on Chrome & Firefox - Desktop and DOES play on Safari iOS - for which we develop for primarily (and which is currently unsupported). As a mobile-first strategy, I really don't give a hoot about it not playing on desktops but it seems odd that it appears to play and then shortly afterwards says the media isn't supported or can't be found.

Per ardua, ad astra

Dania Fox

Hi,

I am unable to send my Rise Review link as it is proprietary information, but see this keeps coming up in the community. What options have you offered others with these types of issues?

Thanks,
Dania

[Description: Description: cid:49F8CA06-65F7-457B-9DC0-8251F696295B]

Dania Fox
Instructional Media Designer - Reservations
Reservations Training and Development (RTD)

[Description: Description: cid:38F42B54-C716-46C0-A741-9AF95032613D]

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Dania!

We like to troubleshoot these kinds of issues one-on-one with users in a case – that's the best way for us to determine what's causing the problem.

Since the error is happening in Internet Explorer, I'd suggest ensuring that Compatibility View is enabled.  

Have your reviewers adjust that setting as a first step, and let me know if it helps them!

Dania Fox

Hi

I have reviewed the troubleshooting guidelines and articles published. Also there are other users at this company who are not having these issues with the same end users accessing the material.

Thanks,
Dania

Dania Fox

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks, Dania!

I know you don't want to send your Review 360 link since it contains proprietary information, but since that's the best way for us to demonstrate a defect, we'll happily take a look should you change your mind! Our team can sign an NDA, if you'd like. 

You could also create a sample course (without proprietary information) and send us a link to that one. 

Citrin Cooperman

Good Afternoon,

We have been receiving replies to a message that was not sent by our account.

Best,

Meghan O’Sullivan

[Citrin Cooperman]

CPE-CCC

TEL 212.697.1000 | FAX 212.697.1004
529 FIFTH AVENUE, NEW YORK, NY 10017

Click Here to send me files securely
CPE-CCLEAD@citrincooperman.com | CITRINCOOPERMAN.COM

[http://citrincooperman.mobi/grnprint.gif]

Dania Fox

Hi,

Here is a test course I made with the same issue. I can play the video in Review in Chrome, but not in IE. I had a team member try it as well. And we both tried with Compatibility View and without and could not play either way.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/efd73df6-b90f-4d66-bc4b-963f7e051b7c/review

Thanks,
Dania

Dania Fox

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.