Updated Storyline and now html background is white

Feb 20, 2020

Hi Articulate

My colleague recently updated his Storyline file and now the iframed html in Rise has a body background colour to a light grey ie:
<body style="background: #FBFBFB" class="cs-HTML theme-unified view-desktop is-landscape is-360">

Plus another class element renders the background to white. Example below:
.cs-npnxnanbnsnfns00001100101.cs-base {
background: #FFFFFF;
}

Before the Articulate/Storyline update it was transparent. See attached for before and after. There is no way to change it that I can find.

We use a corporate dark background colour behind the storyline quiz items. Sometimes we use corporate colours of a lighter blue or light grey for other storyline placed items in Rise - so this white gap is not acceptable if we use the storyline content on a coloured background and want it to not look like a year 7 assignment.

We will need to revert back to previous update until a fix is made.

I have been trying to determine the right size - got close to something like 805x382 but still not 100% and I've wasted 2 hours on this. There seems to be a ratio that you guys use for placement/sizing of Storyline within Rise - PLEEEEEASE provide what this size should be - ideally, please based around the 4:3 ratio.

The default page sizes in Storyline - 4:3 (720x540) and 16:9 (720x405) both cause the white gaps either size so they cant be used as standard size for placing into Rise.

The problem new version update is  v3.37.21453.0

Thanks

Mata

9 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for including those screenshots, Mata. I'm really sorry you ran into this! We fixed this bug in a previous Storyline update, but the problem is happening again in Storyline 360 Update 36. 

Our team is working to fix this problem, but until then, you can install a previous version of Storyline by following these steps. 

We'll let you know as soon as this is resolved!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.