Upload a SCORM file into Rise?

Mar 25, 2019

Hi Heroes

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to upload a third-party SCORM file into a Rise module. We have permission to use it and to host the course in our LMS, I just want to include it in an overarching module alongside several other in-house built modules.

36 Replies
Hazel Bartolome
Hi Sergio! You may be able to host those SCORM output files on a web server, then embed the content into a Rise 360 lesson.

After uploading the output file to the web server, grab the URL to the index.html file.

In Rise, add that URL to a multimedia embed block. In the iFrame code field, use the formula <iframe src="URL"></iframe>. Just replace URL with the link for the content you want to embed.

This doesn't work all the time but you can try!

You might want to check these  out too in case you encounter issues:

Camille Stover

Is there another way to do this now (I see someone was looking for the functionality to upload a SCORM file a few years ago)?  Someone that left the company created a course using Articulate Storyline, exported as a SCROM file and uploaded it to our LMS. We now need to edit the course.  Is there a way to import the SCORM files to either Storyline or Rise now?

Karl Muller

Hi David,

If you have a paid subscription with Rise.com, then you can upload a SCORM into that LMS, and present that course to students.

However, Articulate 360 subscriptions provide access to course editing tools only, and as it does not include a LMS, it's not possible  to upload a SCORM as an editable course.