Upload SCORM (from Rise360) to WordPress (ideally via LearnPress)

Nov 30, 2020

Hello all,

A client has a WordPress site, and I have an Articulate360 subscription. We'd like to make a Rise360 course and upload it to her WordPress site. The client already has LearnPress, so I a trying to upload SCORM files as the content for LearnPress courses or lessons.

I am a designer, not a developer, and haven't worked much with WordPress so some of the more advanced language/terminology in regards to WordPress is currently beyond me; I am looking for some clear help with a preferably free way to upload my Rise360 courses into client's WordPress, ideally via LearnPress which again she already has.

It is important to note that tracking is not important to this client, only really having a place to store and of course display the SCORM file Rise360 courses when users click a certain place on her website.

Any clear help would be much appreciated!

1 Reply
Saurabh Chauhan

There are no free plugins that give you better support and have integration with LearnPress that you may need in the future. If you do not want to use any plugin then you can follow this method:

Step 1:

Upload your zip file on your WordPress Hosting, Amazon AWS, or some other hosting platform.

Step 2:

Extract the file in your hosting folder like /www/MyStorylineContent/. Now copy the address of the story.html or index.html file.

Example: www.example.com/MyStorylineContent/Content1/index.html

Step 3: 

Embed your file into your LearnPress LMS lesson/quiz page using an HTML iFrame tag.

Example: <iframe src="www.example.com/MyStorylineContent/Content1/story.html" title="My content">

Publish or update your page.

Using the manual file uploading method is a complex solution. It goes worst when you have too many content files to manage. You can look into plugins like GrassBlade xAPI Companion that gives you integration with LearnPress LMS and supports HTML5, SCORM, and xAPI Content.

Try demo: https://demo.nextsoftwaresolutions.com/
LearnPress integration: https://www.nextsoftwaresolutions.com/experience-api-for-learnpress/