Uploading a PDF

Nov 21, 2016

Just starting to play with Rise.  I'd like to embed a .pdf workbook for learners to print and use as they work through their lessons.  I cannot see how to upload a pdf.  Is this possible

37 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Good workaround Jayem and we'll keep folks posted about the release of those features as we have more information. 

Dorrien, 

The link that Wendy shared is what we have publicly available now on our roadmap as they are the things recently released or popular items up next on the docket. The other things we've been able to share here in ELH are on the roadmap, but their timelines are a bit more fluid so they're not yet on that What's New What's Next page. 

Justin Phillips

I have a need to wrap a PDF so that we can quickly deploy a policy update. I like the ease of the Embed block, but here's my problem - this is an internal policy and is only available on our company intranet. Rise doesn't seem to be compatible with non-public links. Is there any way around this so I can embed a file that is behind our intranet firewall?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Justin,

How do you normally access these PDFs - must learners log into a site? If so, those credentials aren't something that you can pass via Rise. You could look at linking to the site or embedding it and allowing that the prompt the learners to log in. 

Let us know if you arrive at a solution -  it may help others in the community with a similar setup! 

N. M.

Thank you for all the Rise pdf info!

I have a question.  I have uploaded a pdf file using the multimedia attachment functionality.  I renamed the file document on my computer before uploading it. The correct pdf name appears within Rise.  However, when clicking on it to download, it reverts to the old pdf name.

Any help on what to do to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Nia

N. M.

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you so much for your quick response!  I tried to download the document on both chrome and internet explorer and it gave me the same result.  

Attached are the screen shots in IE and Chrome of the name of the document on screen and the name when it's being downloaded.  

Thank you so much for your help!

Best,

Nia