Using SCORM 1.2 to Upload a Course CUNA CPD

Feb 13, 2017

I am having issues uploading a course I've created to CUNA CPD. When I upload the courses from Articulate Storyline 2, I usually publish my courses to SCORM 1.2 and the course works with no problems. I haven't been able to successfully upload the course to CPD yet. Every time I try to view the course, the content doesn't appear. I am working off of Internet Explorer 11.

1 Reply
Justin Grenier

Hi Amber, and welcome to Heroes!

There are 2 things you can do to figure out what might be going wrong here:

• Try uploading your Rise course to SCORM Cloud and testing it out there.  This will tell you if the problem is specific to your Learning Management System, or if there might be a broader problem with your Rise course.
  • LMS Debug Mode will help us to spot communication problems between your Rise course and your LMS.  Here's how to enable LMS Debug Mode:
    1. Export your Rise course as a SCORM 1.2 LMS package and save it to your computer.
    2. Extract the zip file containing your Rise course, then open the scormdriver folder.
    3. Open the scormdriver.js file in a text editor, such as Notepad.
    4. Find this line of text:
      SHOW_DEBUG_ON_LAUNCH = false;
    5. And change it to:
      SHOW_DEBUG_ON_LAUNCH = true;
    6. Save and close the scormdriver.js file.
    7. Now zip the files for your modified Rise course and upload it to your LMS. (Don't zip the folder that contains your Rise course, just the course files.)
    8. Launch the course from your LMS and reproduce the issue you're troubleshooting. The course will open in one window, while the debug log will open in another.
    9. When you're done, copy and paste the text from the debug window into a document and upload it to this Forum Thread.

I also recognize that these steps are a bit technical, so if you'd prefer to work one-on-one with a technical support engineer, just say the word and we'll reach out to you privately via email.

We'll look forward to receiving your LMS Debug Log.  Good luck!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.