Uploading Rise courses to Moodle

Nov 08, 2017

Hi, When I upload Rise Courses to Moodle I get a substantial margin on the top and bottom of the content and a second scroll bar with margin to the right. I have the SCORM package set to open in a new window. This is not just a problem with Rise content, Storyline does the same, however the problem is more significant in Rise as having two vertical scroll bars is very confusing. To make things worse, on mobile, the Continue to Next Lesson buttons are unreachable. Have tried multiple settings and browser versions with no success. Has anyone else come up against this problem? Alternatively is anyone NOT having these problems?

Thanks

Kev

9 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for reaching out! Another Moodle user, Dan, reported a similar issue to us, and I wanted to point you to Ashley's response there. 

Have you had a chance to test it outside of Moodle? SCORM Cloud is a good, industry standard for LMS testing to see how the course behaves in another environment. I don't know enough about Moodle to offer ideas on specific settings you should use there, but hopefully others in the community can weigh it on that! 

Kev Harland

Thanks Alyssa, It turns out it was the default "Clean" theme my organisation uses. It doesnt seem like there is an easy solution. We are planning to move to the "Snap" theme that doesnt have such drastic problems i.e. it doesn't have an extra scrollbar and margins. However the links to advance to the next lesson are partly obscured in certain lesson types. If anyone has any suggestions for finely tuning how Moodle handles displaying SCORM content I'd be very interested to hear from them. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hello John Paul and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

I am sorry to hear that you've run into a similar issue as well.

Have you tested in SCORM Cloud as well? Looks like most users are reporting that it works in other environments, but not in Moodle.

I am not sure that I've seen a concrete conclusion to share from our Moodle users. There is a similar conversation here as well.

Hopefully someone will be able to chime in and help you out and you are certainly welcome to reach out to a user directly via the 'Contact Me' option on the user profile if you do not hear back soon.

Toni Glass

Hi - I've uploaded a Rise course to a customers LMS - Talent LMS as a SCORM file and it looks like this is an issue me.  I've worked on changing width in LMS however the scroll for the Rise file is beside the scroll for the screen causing confusion.  This is the only link I could see and I can't see logical setting changes when downloading.  Any ideas?  Thanks