URL link not working when added to a button

Feb 11, 2020

Hi

I have created a Rise course and have used the button interaction in each lesson. The learner is meant to click on the button to launch a SCORM file housed on our content server. 

The issue I am having is the url link is not working properly when added to a button. It opens the file in a new browser but the content will not play. 

If I use the exact same url link as a hyperlink for them to click on it plays perfectly. 

Why would it work as a hyperlink but not as a url link from a button? Any ideas?

Leanne

4 Replies
Leanne Falconer

Hi

Unfortunately it won't work for you as you don't have access to our content server.

Any ideas on what I can check?

Leanne

Sent from phone

Disclaimer

This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain confidential and proprietary information.

This e-mail is intended for the addressee only and should only be used by the addressee for the related purpose. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are requested to delete it immediately. Any disclosure, copying, distribution of or any action taken or omitted in reliance on this information is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The views expressed in this e-mail are, unless otherwise stated, those of the sender and not those of the Investec Group of Companies or its management.

E-mails cannot be guaranteed to be secure or free of errors or viruses. No liability or responsibility is accepted for any interception, corruption, destruction, loss, late arrival or incompleteness of or tampering or interfering with any of the information contained in this e-mail or for its incorrect delivery or non-delivery or for its effect on any electronic device of the recipient.

For more information on the Investec Group of Companies see www.investec.com.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Leanne. Both button blocks and hyperlinks should open external web content, though they do the job a little differently.

The links I'm testing with are working from both blocks on my end. Even if we can't access the link content, would you mind privately sharing it with us so we can have a look at what the browser is telling us when we try to open it from the button?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.