Using Stacked Buttons

May 09, 2019

I'm creating my first RISE project and have inserted a 4 button "Button Stack". I could create the label, description and destination block. I got the first bullet to work without problems. What I can't figure out is how do I get the user BACK to the stack after they have completed the first block content? I know how to do it in SL, but I can't figure out how to get the user back so they can select the 2nd, 3rd and 4th buttons.

Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

5 Replies
Nina Hutchinson

Thanks, Karin.  The problem is that the items in the stacked buttons are labeled graphics. I cannot find an editing function on a labeled graphics page that allows me to add anything but audio or edit the image. Am I missing something?

I added another block that only contains the button. It works, but I don't understand why RISE would not have a "return to list" built into the stacked buttons. You will always need to return to the list, so why would it not be "pre-programmed" with a built-in button at the end? Just a suggestion for further development. :-)

Thanks again.

Nina Hutchinson

Done! Thanks for your help.

FYI, I also asked that the down arrow navigation at the bottom of linked blocks (in the stacked button block set) be hidden so that the user must go back to the stacked buttons. Otherwise, the user can just down arrow to each block and never go back to the stacked buttons. They would see all the content but miss the "connectedness" of the content provided by the grouping of stacked buttons.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.