Using Url to skip content in Rise

Jun 19, 2020

I have published a Rise 360 course to the web with a cert at the end using a Storyline block.  However users are able to save the url and pass it around so that users can skip the content.  Is this a common problem or something easily solved?

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, David. I'm sorry to hear that users have found a way around your content. When hosting on the web, there isn't a way to block the different lesson URLs if they're accessed directly and out of order. I will share this feedback with my team to explore any enhancements we can make to restricted navigation in web output.

In the meantime, do you have access to a learning management system where you can track whether users have completed the content? If your completion requirements are strict, it may be a more efficient way to manage your users' experience with your courses.

David Sweeney

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for the reply - we do have an LMS but the numbers dictated that it wouldn't be feasible for us on this occasion.  So far we have nearly 250,000 users who accessed the course in 5 days.  We couldn't direct this number to an LMS registration, even if we were able to cope with the concurrent users.  We wrapped it in an iframe to disguise the url.  Not ideal but did the job.

David

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.