Vertical Scroll

Apr 06, 2017

I recently used Rise to develop a course in Finance for employees of our client and sent it to the L&D head for review and feedback. I made sure that I had chunked the content enough so each lesson was more like a topic page with not too much content, so that a vertical scrolling would not be required. Yet, the feedback that I got from him was that the course didn't seem 'responsive' on laptop and the next button was not visible on screen. He couldn't intuitively figure that he had to scroll down to click next. His exact feedback is reproduced here for reference:

"the articulate version that you are using is probably not helping with a responsive output, as on my laptop screen, I have to struggle to search for the next button and I get it after scrolling down. In e-learning everything should be visible to me on my first screen that I see."

One of the courses we gave him for review is available on this link: 

https://rise.articulate.com/share/YxRy1RqsE_vZ7Z9NjbnL0CxZ6hQEIHQV - capital Budgeting

Is there someway we can address this.

Regards,

Divya

6 Replies
Justin Grenier

Hi Divya, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

We're working on a great new Continue Block feature that will allow you to progressively reveal content a little bit at a time, and it'll be ready soon.  This may be just what you're looking for.

Having said that, some vertical scrolling is probably expected, especially on a mobile device.  Here's a Peek at what I mean by that.  We think web browsers have done a good job of conditioning learners that when not everything you expect is on screen, you scroll to find more.

We'll let you know as soon at the Continue Block is ready!

Ana Yoder

I wonder if this is still an issue for anyone? My manager has specifically requested to eliminate vertical scrolling on each page, but it seems it still is necessary, even with the Continue block. 

In other words, is there any way to scale it to the browser window automatically, or is there some way to condense the banners so they have less white space around them?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.