Video Based Course

Sep 26, 2018

Hi,

I am going to develop a video based course using Rise software. All scenes just contain videos. I want to keep a Next button in each scene which is not visible when we choose Video Template. Please help me out.

Regards,

HBL

12 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Hbl L&D!

It's easy to build a video-based course with the prebuilt lessons and blocks in Rise! You can add videos to a Video Lesson or a Multimedia Video Block

If you choose to use blocks, you can add a Continue Block below the video to ensure the learner watches the entire video before moving on. 

Rise also has previous and next buttons, but they don't look the same as the buttons in Storyline. Instead, they appear at the top and bottom of each lesson. Go to Settings, click Navigation, and toggle the Previous & Next Buttons option to On

Enjoy designing your course in Rise, and let me know if you have other questions along the way!

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Hbl L&D!

Rise doesn't have the same kind of buttons that you'll find in Storyline. The button in your screenshot is how the Next button appears in Rise.

You can also use a Continue button below the video, and change the button label to "Next". Here's a sample course to demonstrate what that could look like. 

In that sample, I restricted the Next button to become active only after the video is complete. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Tamara! I tried sending you a copy of that Rise course, but I don't see an active trial or subscription to Articulate 360 under your Articulate ID. 

Do you have another Articulate ID that is associated with a trial or subscription? If so, send that email address to me through this form, and I'll get that Rise course right over to you. 😊

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Tamara! Let's try this:

• Go to 360.articulate.com.
  • In the upper-right corner, click on your avatar, and select Sign Out.
  • Click the blue Sign In button.
  • Sign in using your work email address that is associated with your Articulate 360 account.
  • Click on Rise
  • Look for a course called "Video with Next button".

Let me know if you can see the course after following those steps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.