Video from content library into Rise

Feb 01, 2019

Can I use a video from Content Library for my Rise course? I know I can put it into a SL360 course, publish and then insert as a SL block. Wondering if there is a quicker way?

And when will the entire Content Library be available when I'm using Rise? 

6 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi Carolyn,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to insert video from CL directly into Rise as you would with an image.

Inserting your video into SL360, publishing to Articulate Review and then inserting into Rise as a SL block is one option. Another option is to again insert your video into a Storyline slide, publish that slide as a video and then insert it into Rise as a Multimedia block. I'm not sure if there is any particular benefit either way.

One thing I will point out, in case you aren't already aware of it, is that when you preview your Rise course you will probably see your video as a black or white box until you select play. The colour of this box is determined by the background colour of your Storyline Player at the time you published your video.

The images below show a video in Rise that was published with the Dark background and then the same video with the Light background.

Allison LaMotte

Thanks for jumping in here, Ned :)

Hi Carolyn,

As Ned explained, it's not currently possible to insert Content Library videos directly into Rise courses. I went ahead and logged a feature request for this capability and I'll update you here with any news.

Please reach out if you have any more questions - I'd be happy to help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.