VIDEO help and RISE

Jan 14, 2019

Anyone know why the layer with the video keeps going away after it is clicked?  I want the video to remain on the layer so if they want to replay it they can.  Also, I put this course into RISE and it's making me hit a play icon to start the course.  This has never happened to me before!

5 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Kristen! 

I just had a look at your file, and I don't think the layer is disappearing, it's just the video itself that is disappearing because it's set to only appear on the timeline for 5 seconds. If you want it to appear longer, you'll want to extend the video on the timeline.

To answer your second question, it's expected behavior for Storyline blocks in Rise to show a play button on mobile devices.

kristen kline

Hi Allison!  

Thanks for the feedback.  The layer isn't disappearing it's the video that is.  I want the video to remain on the slide after it's played.   I don't see any 5 second triggers on it.  Ideas?

I have loads and loads of storyline blocks in RISE and none of them make me select play to start the course.  I will upload a screenshot of what I am referring to.

Allison LaMotte

Hi Kristen,

It's not a trigger making it disappear, it's that the video only appears on the timeline for 5 seconds. Here's an article that explains how to adjust the duration of objects on the timeline.

Regarding the play button on your Storyline block, it's likely because that block includes a video. Here's some more information about why it works that way.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.