Video in Review 360 implemented in Rise

Feb 08, 2019

Hi,

I created some Rise courses last year with Videos in it. First of all I work on a video in replay 360 and published it to articulate 360 (now review 360). In the last courses I could import a video in my rise course choosing it from my articulate 360 library. But after the change that only blocks can be created I don't find this option anymore. I am confused ;( Thank you

Bye, Markus

4 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi Markus,

There are two ways that you can incorporate your Replay videos into your Rise course:

a.  Publishing them to video, inserting the video into a Storyline slide, publishing the slide to Review 360 and then inserting it into your Rise course using a Storyline block. This is useful if you want to make use of Storyline to add extra items to your video (e.g. overlaid notes etc).

b.  Publishing them to video and then inserting them into your Rise course as a video file using a Video block.

Markus Stehle

Hi,

ok but I can just publish it as a video correct? I can publish it in Review 360 as well but this is really just for review options?! Last year I could publish it to Articulate 360 (Review 360) and out of my 360 library I could directly put it in my rise course. This option doesn't exist anymore?

Thank you

Bye, Markus

Ned Whiteley

Hi Markus,

When you select the Publish button in Replay you have the option to publish to either Review or Video. In this case you need to publish to Video, which will create an MP4 video file in a directory of your choice on your hard drive.

When you select a video block in Rise and select Edit, it will give you the opportunity to import the video from your hard drive. As far as I am aware, this is your only option other than going via Storyline as I indicated in my previous post. Either way, you start by publishing to Video.

Allison LaMotte

Hi Markus,

I looked into this and you are correct: that was possible in an earlier version of Rise before all lessons were converted to blocks lessons. Unfortunately, it's no longer possible. That being said, we do have a feature request logged for this feature so we'll update you if that changes.

In the meantime, you'll need to export your Replay course as an MP4 and insert it that way.

If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.