Video in Rise

May 23, 2019

Hello everyone,

When I add a video in Rise, I see it as a black area (attach1) with a white arrow instead of the thumbnail.

Playback is normal.

In Windows explorer I also normally see a thumbnail (start image from video)

Someone any idea how I can get this like the standard video (attach2)

11 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Patrick,

Is this happening with all videos or just one video? If it's just one video, I would check and make sure that the first frame of the video isn't a black screen. If you're not able to see a black frame in the beginning of your video, please reach out to our Support Team so they can take a look. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Jerry Ratka

Hi everyone,

I have a similar issue when using the Storyline block in Rise (see attachment). I create a single slide in Storyline 360 with animations and audio. I publish it to Review 360 and bring it into Rise using the Storyline block. It always displays as shown in the attachment. There is no black frame in Storyline. Is there a way I can display some sort of image, like a thumbnail, instead of black?

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Jerry. There's not a way to customize the Storyline launch screen, currently.

Storyline content that includes audio or video launches with this screen to collect learner permission to allow the media to play. We added this screen to comply with browser auto-play policies. You can find more detail about that here!

Ned Whiteley

Hi Jessica,

I am not familiar with Camtasia, but from you attached thumbnail it would appear that, with your slider set to 00.00.00 (i.e. the very first frame) you appear to have the image on screen, so I am not sure why you are showing the black box when it is published.

What I suggest is that you take your published video, strip out the first half a second and re-save it and then try again.

Here is a quick demo that I used to answer a similar question recently, in case it is of any assistance (the text between the two video clips is the relevant part in your case):

https://rise.articulate.com/share/wpNRjrbgJyatXhui5frq-CbV429xcTCf

Hope this helps :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.