Video in Rise

Jan 21, 2021

Hi,

I need to create 4 courses and each course will have four separate videos each about 20 minutes.  I want to create a lesson block for video and a  quiz question or activity. Can you think of any issue with that might occur?

I'm testing this in Rise now with some older video that is 247 MB and it took about 15 minutes for it to upload. Is this typical?

Thank you!

Kandice

7 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Kandice! That sounds like a very engaging lesson! I like your idea to add some interactivity between each video to give learners an opportunity to apply what they learned.

Video upload speed is often dependent on your internet connection, but given that your videos are about 20 minutes in duration, I would expect those to take a little longer to upload. 

You also have the option to upload your videos to a video hosting site like Vimeo, then you can embed them in the Rise 360 lesson using a multimedia embed block. This will help to reduce the overall file size significantly when you export the course for LMS or Web. 

Cristina Graham

Hi Alyssa!

Thank you for responding so quickly. I appreciate it. I like the idea about Vimeo. Will the video still play in Rise or will the user have to open in a different browser?

Also, does this work for Youtube as well? I think my organization has a Youtube account.

Thank you!

KK

Alyssa Gomez

You bet, Kandice! The video will play right inside the lesson, so the learner will not have to open a new browser tab. And yes, this works for YouTube as well! 

If you insert a multimedia embed block in your lesson, you'll see a sample of what your embedded video will look like. I'm glad that option will work for you! 

Renz Sevilla

Hi Kandice! 

Correct, that would be a good rule of thumb! Yes, if you want to keep the upload time shorter, you can upload smaller videos. That being said, the actual upload time is still dependent on factors like browser, internet speed, and file size. 

Please let us know if you still have trouble even with a smaller upload.