video player - how to disable the "prev" and "next" icons?

Aug 14, 2020

Hi there,

I have a Storyline block in Rise that is one slide containing one video. I want to disable all player icons except captions and volume. But I can't figure out how to make the previous and next icons go away. I have already disabled these on the slide in Storyline. If I didn't need users to be able to turn captions on or off, I wouldn't use the player at all. Is there another solution? 

Thanks so much,

Aidan Hoyal

4 Replies
Aidan Hoyal

I've tried the above. I'd really like to be able to use the player, but turn off the <PREV and >NEXT buttons. There is only one slide and it's a video, so having the "prev" and "next" options there is confusing to learners wondering why they can't see the "next" slide/page. At least with the storyline player, the viewer has the option to turn captions off or on. I don't see a way for the viewer to turn off or hide captions when I upload the file as a video. 

Is there a way for me to make a video available in Rise WITHOUT prev/next buttons and WITH the option to show or hide captions? 

Thanks so much
Aidan Hoyal

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.