Video stuck when replayed in Rise

Jul 19, 2017

Hello,

I would like to double-check where the problem could be:

I have an embedded a video content via <iframe> tag in Rise.

When I play it once, it starts immediately playing just fine. But if I replay it second time, clicking somewhere in the middle, it gets stuck and takes quite long to replay from some spot, though it should be already cached by browser (as playing it first time showed no streaming problems).

When I play this video directly from our server, it also plays immediately from any moment, even if first time.

Is this some iframe bug? Why is this happening and how to prevent it (to enable people click randomly in any timeline moment, and the video would start with no more than few seconds delay)?

Thanks a lot!

7 Replies
Irina Poloubessov

Dear Ashley,

Thank you very much for fast reply!

The course contains internal material of the company, so I cannot share the complete link here.

I am sharing the iframe code without the name of our server but with other parameters:

<iframe src="//ourserver.cdn.infr.com/resources/video/video_embed.html?url=/cdn_abc_vid/xyz26714/25522/efg26714_25522_playlistsz.js&autostart=false&defaultquality=3&skin={skin}&primary=html5" style="width: ; height: ;" width="" height="" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" seamless allowfullscreen="true" webkitAllowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

The code above is what we get when our server exports the video for sharing. It plays fine on the mobile (iPhone) - no problem to rewind , responds immediately. However in the browser of a PC it produces the misbehavior I mentioned. I am authoring and testing with Google Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit) and of course need it to work cross-browser: Chrome, Safari, Explorer, Firefox.

If this is not enough to see the possible issue, I will consult my team regarding the NDA procedure in our company. What would be the safe way to share the link with you otherwise than here?

Many thanks!

Irina Poloubessov

Dear Ashley,

I contacted my company and they have their own NDA copy, which they sign with all vendors. I can send it to you or your colleagues,  please let me know whom I should contact.

Will this be valid for this case specific or to any case in general, where I might need to share content from this or other courses?

Many thanks,

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Irina, 

Sorry for the delay - the support case is started and a colleague of mine will be in touch as soon as they can. They'll provide a copy of our NDA and next steps for sharing your file. 

The NDA agreement we share is valid for content shared within a 1 year period (unless chosen to terminate earlier based on your request) and you'll see that spelled out within the agreement. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.