View Rise course off line

Sep 04, 2017

How to view a rise course off line.  

5 Replies
PTP UNITAR

In the Rise 360 FAQs on the question "Can Rise 360 courses be downloaded for offline viewing?" it says "Just download a Rise 360 course as a web package, extract the zip file, then launch the index.html file." I downloaded the web package and extracted the zip file. Now I am wondering how I can share the offline course with the learners. As I understand it, I have to send them the index file, they have to download if (while being online of course), then they can go offline and whenever they want doubleclick on the index file and the course would start running while they are offline? Is that correct?

Crystal Horn

Hi there! Your learners would need to have the entire folder of content. The index file will launch the course, but there won't be anything to see if they don't also have the course content files. Send them the zipped web output, and give them those instructions.

If they are using a mobile device, they may not be able to run those files offline if their mobile device doesn't have an app or program to open them.

PTP UNITAR

Many thanks for your comment!

I was trying to do a test myself and exported one of our Rise courses. I have the zip on my smartphone now and extracted it. I tried to run the course offline on my smartphone (Android), so I put it on flight mode and opened the extracted index file. However, the only thing I can see in my browser (Chrome) is a white screen.

So do you need any specific program on your smartphone to run the course offline?

Renz Sevilla

Hi PTP!

You might need a file manager app to compile the files in one folder for access. The entire folder of content must be on the device. This way once you click the index file, it should bring up the course.

That being said, we don't have any specific file manager applications or programs to recommend. If you do find a mobile app that works, we'd love to hear about it!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.