Want to hide side menu Progress/Completion indicators

Nov 15, 2019

I am using Rise to create training/reference documentation for a business application. Learners will be visiting the site to find the knowledge they need as they need it. In this setting, the progress indicators in the side menu are unnecessary. To some reviewers, they have been a turn-off. 

I request a configuration setting be developed that could on/off toggle the display of these indicators.

Thanks!

10 Replies
Gustavo Correa Kitagawa

Hi,
Good news: I managed to hide the progress bar and progress mark icons in the lessons.

It is relatively simple, but it requires attention. As our colleagues said here, Rise does not have this functionality. So, this is a "clandestine" solution.

I inserted a CSS hack into the index.html <head>:
<style type = "text / css">
.brand - fill {display: none;}
.brand - stroke {display: none;}
.progress-bar {display: none;}
.lesson-link__progress {display: none;}
.overview-list-item__pie {display: none;}
</style>

I ran some tests and didn't find any problems. I can't say that there are no problems, I'm just saying that I didn't identify them.
Eventually, something can go wrong.

It is necessary to pay attention. If you update your content and re-export the package, you need to re-enter the CSS hack.

Gustavo Correa Kitagawa
Kaye Ligon

Thank you, Gustavo! I'll give it a try.

It's easy, Kaye. There is no secret.

In fact, you can consider this other CSS hack:

<style type = "text / css">
.progress-bar {display: none;}
.lesson-link__progress {display: none;}
.overview-list-item__pie {display: none;}
</style>

I went ahead with this workaround and I used this piece of code inside Google TagManager. It also worked.

Using TagManager, it is possible to add other things. For example, the Google Analytics tag.