Web link

May 28, 2019

If my client does not have a LMS, can I use the preview link?

I read that you recommend to use the web link on our web server but It seem more simple to use the preview link. What would be the downsides to use the preview link for my learners? Is there going to be some access problems ( it going to be slower)?

Thanks

7 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Brigitte,

Viewing a course via a shareable link is not a long-term hosting solution. Sharing your course this way doesn't allow you to track your learners’ progress and <hen they leave and come back, they have to start all over.

We recommend you export your course to an LMS or a permanent web host for the best learner experience.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Brendan Varley
  • Hi Crystal, I am curious about the capacity for a preview link since it is stored on the Articulate servers.
    • I typically export and host on Google Cloud, however, I am working on a project where leadership would love to be able to make quick updates on the fly and never have the link change. I do this now, but it is with smaller courses where we only have 30 people using the link.
    • This project may have 400 users accessing it at any given time.
    • Is there a maximum view limit for the preview link?
    • Any other technical concerns for more than a handful of people opening the link at once?
    • I am not concerned with tracking or resume functions, as our learners will not use this Rise material like a normal course, more like a resource guide.

Thanks for your time!

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Brendan!

The Rise 360 Share link is intended for small audiences and lightweight sharing. 

We don't have a specific limit for what we consider a small audience, and there are no technical concerns when using the Share link. We simply recommend that you export your course for web or LMS so you have control over the hosting environment.