What audio file types can be uploaded into Rise

May 13, 2019

I've got an M4A audio file that I want to upload into a Rise course.   I've tried it twice now, but get the error message.   Anyone had this problem?

Thanks

Helen

13 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Helen! We don't limit you to a list of supported file types in Rise 360.  We support virtually every audio file format.  The maximum file size for each audio clip you upload to Rise 360 is 5 GB. More best practices can be found here.

I'm happy to help if you're still having trouble, however. If you can share the audio file, use this upload link to send it to me privately. I'll test on my end and delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Cynthia! I'm happy to lend a hand. Can you help me with a few more details?

• What web browser are you using to author your course?
  • Are you having trouble importing just one audio file, or all audio files?
  • Would you be willing to share the audio file with our team for testing? If that works for you, you can open a case here.
Caitlin Brown

Hi Alyssa,

I'm also experiencing an issue. When attempting to upload an audio file in a RISE audio block, I get "Error" with no descriptor.

I've tested uploading different audio files, both WAV and MP3, in both Edge and Chrome. I'm seeing the same error in multiple RISE courses and with different authors on our team.