What file to point at in LMS?

Feb 21, 2018

I'm publishing a Rise course in SCORM 1.2 format. After I upload the file to my LMS and unzip it, which file should I point at to launch the course and track completion? Is it documented somewhere and I just don't see it?

10 Replies
eric mongrain

Alyssa,

I tried what you stated, but the Rise course is not opening.  I receive a blank white screen in IE11.  We are using SAP Successfactors and we do need the launch file.  The problem with the Indexapi.html file is that it is not in the root folder of the zip file.  The file is in the Scormdriver folder.  Should this file be moved to the Root folder? 

thanks

Crystal Horn

Hi folks! If you're using SuccessFactors, here's some important information about uploading your Rise course. We heard that some of you were being prompted to identify the launch file, so we reached out to SuccessFactors. Here's what they said:

They are not required to pick which file they is set up as the launch file as long as the use the import tool which is available under Content>Tools>Import Content.

They may need to configuration a deployment location if they want to deploy the content files directly to the server.

They should contact the SuccessFactors Customer support if they need help with that.

I hope that helps, and please let us know how you make out. 😊

eric mongrain

Sorry  this is incorrect.  The import method you mention is a legacy import method that does not work anymore.  You now have to have the course loaded to IContent (a SAP server) or an internal server.  When you load with iContent, or an internal server you MUST know what the Launch file is for ANY elearning course.  This is for all Storyline, Presenter, Rise, Captivate courses.  I know the launch file for storyline and presenter, which is index.lms.html and the  file is in the root Zip folder.    I still need to know what the launch file is for RISE. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.