What Happened to Rise?

Oct 17, 2018

Started using the program last week developed a nice module. When I go back to edit or create a new one, many things have changed including the type of blocks I was using with the hand clicking a button? What happened to my version and where are the blocks with images and text beneath. Also in this new version the transitions are very abrupt and not at all what I want. What happened?

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jim,

We’ve rolled out a new shortcut bar that makes it a cinch to add your favorite blocks to lessons quickly. And with all the prebuilt lesson types available as blocks, you have more flexibility to mix and match block types to create beautiful custom lessons. You can also convert your existing prebuilt lessons into blocks to give your courses a refresh.

You can see more detail on this in the video shared here, and we've updated our User Guide. 

All the same blocks and lessons are there, but slightly reorganized to make course building that much faster. 

For the animations/transitions you're seeing, is it between the lessons or pieces within a lesson? Take a look at the block animations here, as you can disable those. 

Jim Segneri

Hi Ashley,

I tried to respond to you directly but your profile said go back and post. First thanks for your reply, but it did not make any real difference in what I am experiencing. There is an attachement to this post showing part of a screen shot from the module I created friday with the process icons I saw, These are now gone and the new process template doesn't function or act the same as the old one with a picture on top and text onthe bottom. I followed your instructions and turned off transitions in settings made no difference to the deck and the transitions are very rough , to quick and not up to our fade standard here and there seems to be no way to adjust these. We are also experiencing changes from draft to published version in text spacing not there on the draft but it is present on the published version. We are using chrome and are still experiencing these issues. I have tried multiple ways to trouble shoot some work some don't and I have had to re-word two slides because of this. I know these seem like minor details but to an instructional designer a program that moves my text after publishing is a major issue and we are starting to have concerns here about using Rise in our practice. Thanks for your help and guidance!

Best

Jim 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jim,

Sorry about that! We try to keep all the discussions here in the E-Learning Heroes community so that everyone benefits. If you need to discuss an issue privately, our Support Team is at the ready 24/7! 

If you converted an existing lesson to a Process you'll see that there is a slightly different format, but you should still see the images and text you'd previously added. Here's a quick Peek to walk you through that change and even steps on how to change the lesson icon back to that hand. 

It sounds like you're running into a few other issues with the transitions and spacing, so it would help if you can share Peek of what you're seeing or even a link to your Rise course that will help so I have a better understanding of what you've run into.

If you do need to share that privately, you can always start a case with our Support Team here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.