What is easiest method to share Storyline & Rise portfolio?

Aug 19, 2019

Hello,

I found some threads about this topic but I am looking for more current advice. 

I would like to share several course samples that can be launched online (outside of LMS).  I gather that some used DropBox in the past but launching html content from DB is no longer possible. 

What is the simplest way(s) to make a portfolio accessible online. I am not a web designer and do not want to create a full-blow website at this point. Ideally I’d like to provide an http address to specific people that will launch the index.html file within the course folder. 

Thanks!

14 Replies
David Tait

One of the ways you can share your portfolio is by uploading your examples to your profile here on the E-Learning Heroes website.

I know you aren't keen on building a website but if I were you I would definitely consider making even a single page site to house your examples. It's a competitive market and you're working in a tech-based industry so having a website of some description should prove to be beneficial.

There is some info here about uploading to the web and a handful of hosting servies are listed: https://articulate.com/support/article/Storyline-360-Publishing-and-Sharing-Content#web

David Tait
David Tait

I know you aren't keen on building a website but if I were you I would definitely consider making even a single page site to house your examples. It's a competitive market and you're working in a tech-based industry so having a website of some description should prove to be beneficial.

No worries Phil, I completely agree. 😊

Brent Corless

So, where do you store your sample content for the website?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.I. | American Family Insurance Company | American Family Life Insurance Company | American Standard Insurance Company of Ohio | American Standard Insurance Company of Wisconsin | Midvale Indemnity Company | Home Office - 6000 American Parkway | Madison, WI 53783

Permanent General Assurance Corporation | Permanent General Assurance Corporation of Ohio | The General Automobile Insurance Company, Inc. DBA The General® | Home Office - 2636 Elm Hill Pike | Nashville, TN 37214 wholly owned subsidiaries of American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.

*If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this e-mail, any attachments and all copies.

Brent Corless

Thank you Holley, David, Phil, and Crystal for all of your great thoughts and ideas!  I am pretty new to Articulate but I have to say this community is amazing!  

I was able to put together a short-term approach using your advice.  I loaded my samples onto Google Cloud and created a Storyline module with links to the work samples.  This takes care of an immediate need I have.  Now I bought a domain name and I am looking at different alternatives for creating a website for longer-term use.

Again, thank you so much for everyone's advice!

Liz Victoria

Bravo, Brent!  Getting that first portfolio solution together is a huge step forward.  Now you are in a good place to put together the next iteration for future needs, when time permits.

In case it might be helpful, here is the approach I'm using:

I built a site for my consulting business using a Wix template, with links to interactive samples / full modules that are hosted on Amazon S3. 

The Amazon S3 part is a bit fiddly to figure out initially, but has been rock-solid (and dirt cheap, i.e., free).

The Wix part is "good enough," but in hindsight, I might've chosen a site platform with fully-responsive templates.  

If you decide to go that route, and need any assistance, feel free to reach out -- I'd be happy to share what I know.

(Main thing I've learned -- treat my site as a "continuous improvement project":  I calendar time every week to think of ways to improve it, and to QA all the links, etc., to  make sure it is (relatively) ship-shape.)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.