When will RISE be fully Accessible? What parts are accessible and what parts are not?

Feb 25, 2020

I have seen in a couple forums that the goal is to have Rise be "WCAG 2.1 compliant by the end of 2020." but I need to know what is compliant now. Is there a list of features that are and are not?

We are counting on using this tool for our University and the content we use has to be Accessible by law.

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for asking, Matthew.

Here's a list of the improvements that are available now:

While we can’t share more specifics on the remaining accessibility improvements yet, we are performing a 3rd party audit for Rise 360 so we have an accurate and comprehensive list of items to tackle. We’ve also dedicated developers to own accessibility on Rise 360 long term.

As we have more details and updates, we will most certainly share them with you!

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Rebecca! While Rise 360 isn't WCAG 2.1 compliant yet, we're working hard to reach that goal!

We put together a journal where you can find all the details on the features we’ve enhanced in Rise 360 as we work towards WCAG 2.1 compliance. And we’ll keep this journal updated as we continue our accessibility journey.

Click it out here ➡️ Rise 360: Our Accessibility Journey

Lea Agato

Hello everyone! I’m happy to share our Rise 360 Accessibility Collection, which includes the VPAT to describe how Rise 360 conforms to WCAG 2.1 Level AA criteria.

We also updated our roadmap to include Rise 360 features we’re continuing to develop to better support WCAG.

Let me know your questions and experiences building accessible courses for all!