Will Rise module be indexed by Google?

Jun 03, 2019

Hello! We are thinking of using a Rise module we are planning to develop as a stand-alone website (so, instead of building a website and linking to a Rise module from that, we'll just connect the domain name directly TO the Rise module and it will be the only content in that web directory).

If we do this, and a Rise product is our ONLY content connected to that domain name, will search engines like Google find it and connect people to it? 

If not, does anyone have a good workaround so that we can do this and have our content be found by search engines? We'd really like to get away from having to build an HTML page that is just there to LINK to our Rise module -- it's an extra step in design/build that I would definitely prefer to avoid! But I know Google doesn't index redirect pages either. Am I just stuck having to build a site I don't need just so that the Rise module I do need can be found by the people who need it? 

Thank you!

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Great question, Meg!

It's possible for Google to crawl a Rise 360 content-only website. For Google to crawl the site properly for search engine results pages (SERPs), you'll need to:

1. Set up a site map: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/183668?hl=en
  2. Develop the appropriate meta tags: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/79812?hl=en 

Tread lightly because these tasks can be tricky, and errors can negatively impact your search engine optimization (SEO) performance. I'd recommend working with experienced web developers to ensure everything is set up correctly!

Meg Wood Brunner

Thanks! (And no worries, I've been building websites for 20+ years so standard SEO tasks like a site map and meta tags are NBD!)

Weirdly, I had emailed this question to Articulate Support last week and they replied to say "We don't currently offer this feature, so I submitted a feature request to our product team on your behalf." I posted here in case any users had come up with a workaround for it. Wasn't expecting another Articulate staff person to contradict the first Articulate staff person! Hopefully your answer is the correct one? A little bit confusing!

Thanks again for your help! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.