Wish list to bring this to the next level

Jun 05, 2017

Not new to the game but I think there is a much brighter future for rise and in my opinion could replace much of the storyline projects. The output alone is more natural to a user. After a scan, here is my two cents to make this top notch. Sure you folks have your own!

• embedding storyline outputs (e.g. Storyline slide with a sim, quiz or a game). This would allow for a behavioural assessment. Text quizzes are passé imo. 
  • Add course types as elements for learning blocks. Blocks are gold for real IDs. I want the picture with labels in a block or a timeline
  • Text alignment functions: allow for text to be centred, left and right justified. 
  • Able to remove "inser caption here" text underneath pictures
  • more advanced but integrate sub widgets. Buttons to jump in text or pics
  • a grid system to allow for these elements to be moved. 
16 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hey James.  Have you been peeping our playbook?  😉

One of your ideas is already possible, some are in the works, and the others, well, we’ll just have to add them to the list.  

What’s possible:
Remove “Add a caption” - If you leave the caption blank in editing mode, Rise will automatically remove any unnecessary space between the image and the next block element.

What’s coming:

• Storyline block...We are working on this feature now, and we hope to have it out by September.
  • Lesson types as blocks...this feature should also be available in September.
  • Text justification...it's on our list, but we don't have a firm ETA yet.

New ideas:

• Sub-widgets - are these interactive buttons that you could potentially place anywhere that trigger actions, like in Storyline?
  • More control over your layout - tell me a bit more about what you'd like to see and do.

Thanks for adding your ideas; we love to hear them!

James Lavis

Hey this is wonderful. I'll tell you my interest. Been with SL since the beginning but have strayed in projects to go towards a web layout. I'm a firm believer in cognitive packaging theory and Kolb's learning cycle theory. The slide approach is a little counter-intuitive. So Rise is refreshing as it mirrors the software I've used in the past to make such projects. I just need some expanded capabilities but I see you are moving! Here's clarity on two poins:

1) sub-widgets: Say I wanted to add a picture in the middle of a page (e.g. cell phone) and have text on either side of it (i.e. pinpoint diagram). If you could set a block/widget as a parent and sub-embed another block this could be possible. Right now I have to use PS or IL to create this type of diagram and insert as an image. Then text gets messy.

2) Control over layout to me means two things. The ability to use blocks as a structure but have the ability to integrate the other pre-set learnings in (i.e. labelled hotspot picture as a block). Secondly have the "stage" setup in a basic 3 column grid. So if I insert a picture on the left side of the grid, I could drop a text box on the right. This would allow for me to control the look and feel of my work. 

Great to see things moving!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.