New features in Rise!

Feb 20, 2018

Hello, everyone!

I’m thrilled to announce several new features that give you more integration with Storyline 360 and more options in Rise. Here are the highlights:

• Require completion of a Storyline block: Make sure learners complete a Storyline block before moving on in your Rise course.
  • Block templates: Build Rise courses faster by saving existing blocks and their content as templates to reuse in other courses.
  • Sidebar visibility: Choose to have your course sidebar open or closed by default. You can even turn it off altogether to give your course a different look and make learners navigate lessons in order.
  • Require a passing quiz score: Make sure learners understand course content. Require a passing quiz score before they can move on to the next lesson.
  • Shared block templates: Share the block templates you create in Rise with your team. (Articulate 360 Teams subscribers only.)

Check out our What’s New page for demo videos. Then, open up Rise and try these features out for yourself! I think you’re going to love them.

50 Replies
Ryan DeWitt

Fantastic news Articulate! I'm building my 2nd course in Rise using Storyline block interactives. My 1st Rise course has around 1k students rotating per month and no complaints about loss of engagement switching from a SL3 module. 

My first public course Rise is here jmp.com/welcomekit/en and the still live Storyline 2 course I replaced is here jmp.com/welcomekit/

My next Rise course will use

• SVGs for banners (beautiful-vector-scalable-crisp-images) Thank you Articulate :]
  • Custom Slider and Dial Storyline Blocks using Storyline HTML5 and Articulate 360 Library
  • Animated Gifs as images (someone posted this idea, it's awesome)

Thanks as always for this great product!

Ryan DeWitt

Paul, good idea. I want this to happen too, but my thought is LMS interactivity would require you to do a LMS Publish out of Storyline, and to get a Storyline course to appear in Rise you have to Publish to a special shared 360 Library and does not ask for LMS settings. So my thought that Storyline file can not pass variable information to Rise LMS yet. But this group adds cool features all the time. 

Becki Nelson

That's not what I'm looking for. As I develop a course, I want to be able to copy a custom block from one lesson to another lesson within a course.

Reply to New features in Rise!

Ashley Terwilliger replied:

Hi Becki,

Those will help you go from one lesson to the next or previous, but if you have free navigation and the sidebar enabled, you can always click on those lesson titles to jump between different items.
Let us know if you need anything else!

Sheri Lee

I am having the same issue with the continue button not working with Storyline content in Rise. I have a video in a Storyline block in Rise. The Continue button is set to have the user "Complete the content above before moving on."  (See my 3/5/18 question / comment in this feed). 

I have included a screen capture of the section of the Rise course in edit mode and the same section in Review mode.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sheri,

Thanks for reaching out! The video playback on its own isn't connected to the Continue block, as you'll need to look at setting the completion element in Storyline. It could be something such as a completion trigger on the slide/media timeline ending, or a singular slide after the video to work as a results slide (or track by slides viewed 2of 2). Take a look at this article for more details. 

CRN EM WFD

Hi Ashley, 

Yes I know that the course creator can turn it on and off as an overall course setting. What I meant was to open up this option to the user so that they can turn it on and off for themselves? It could take the form of an arrow that the user could hover/click to open up the sidebar or to close it. Hope that makes sense!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.