Articulate 360 - issues

Jan 12, 2017

Everytime I try to open the Articulate program where it shows the menu of apps to choose from such as Rise.  It acts like it is going to open something and then doesn’t.  What is up with that and how do I change it?

8 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Catherine, 

I wanted to walk you through what I'm seeing when I open up the Articulate 360 desktop app and then how tools like Rise and Storyline will open from within the Desktop app. Take a look at the Peek I recorded here. As I mentioned I"m in Windows 10 using this. 

Can you share a bit more about what happens when you try to access the desktop tray app, or any of the individual applications?  You'll want to confirm that you've downloaded from our site here and that your system meets the minimum system requirements here.  You'll need to be logged in to Articulate 360 using your Articulate ID to be able to download the apps using the button you'll see in the top right hand corner of that site. 

Mary Rodriguez

It is actually from the actual program file location.  I have the software on two different computers, when I click on the Articulate 360 icon to open the application box, it runs like it is going to open with the little blue circle going around and then it just stops and nothing happens. On my other computer, different serial numbers I click on the icon and it opens a box where I can launch Rise and the other applications. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Catherine, 

Articulate 360 is connected to your Articulate  ID, not a serial number (those were used in Storyline 1,2 and Studio '09 and '13) but you should be able to open the Desktop Tray app and then choose to log in there. If it's this one computer that isn't allowing it to open normally I'd look at uninstalling it and reinstalling it to make sure it's got a clean installation and then should properly open. You'll see there are some documented steps here on how to go through that process. 

If you're still having difficulty after going through those steps, can you reach out to our Support team using this form? They'll be able to help look at the differences between each computer and what could be causing the hiccup on that one. 

Tracey Stokely

I can't get Rise to open either. Not from the "Desktop Articulate 360 Tray" nor from the Articulate 360 website when I log in. All the other apps seem to work but not Rise. What's going on? 

I also checked with our network people to make sure that ports 80 and 443 were open and they are, so that's not the issue.

Alyssa Gomez

So sorry for the trouble, Leigh.

Right now, uploading and viewing images in Rise 360 and Review 360 is unavailable. Exporting content from Rise 360 is also unavailable. We’re looking into what went wrong. We’ll let you know as soon as we have more info. 

You can stay up-to-date with the latest information on our status page here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.