Interactive 360 degree video in RIse???

Oct 08, 2018

I contacted tech support Friday and asked if 360 video could be inserted into Rise and Im not sure the tech support member knew what 360 video was. 

Does anyone know if Articulate supports plain old drag and drop 360 degree video?

4 Replies
Justin Grenier

Hi Gregory, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

As Michael points out,  There are a couple of ways you can insert 360° videos into Rise. The method that will give you the best learner experience is to upload your video to YouTube and then insert the URL just like you usually would. YouTube's player handles 360° videos beautifully, and it looks gorgeous in Rise.

If your video is under 5GB, you can upload it directly to Rise. However, Rise does not currently support native playback of 360° videos. The video will still play but may not look like learners expect.

If you need native support in Rise for 360° playback features, please tell us more about it!

Gregory Taylor

Please keep me updated. I assume Rise will continue to evolve. My issue is I can’t upload to YouTube due to confidential and proprietary content. I will enjoy the day arise supports drag and drop 360 vids and pics with full functionality. I see others on the cusp of tho so I know it won’t be long!

Greg

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Gregory, we'll absolutely keep you posted. Our team will share updates in ELH and we'll also update our “What’s New” page for big announcements and releases, in addition to the Rise Version history always staying up to date on all added features and fixes.

Also, it looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.