Web objects in 360 Rise

Nov 11, 2016

Like with storyline, will there be the opportunity to store web objects within a lesson or block? 

44 Replies
Logan Stahler

I figured it out!  The site we use to host the project is not set up to be secure, so Rise wasn't allowing it to load.  I uploaded the SL file to a second space we have (secure) and it embedded without issue.

I would still like to know if there is a hack which would allow the iframe size to be increased - Rise keeps embeds from being wide!  It allows images to go full page width, so why not the iframe player??

Richard Fleming

Hi all,

I'm trying to embed an i-frame of a 360 VR application into Rise. This application has its own hotspots, but it would be so helpful to insert the application into the modules.

Right now, I've tried a few methods that simply failed. First, I tried Multimedia>Embed of the URL (https://roundme.com/embed/194272/513788), but all it does is post the image associated with the VR. When you click on the image, it just acts as a hyperlink with a "new tab" action.

Second, I tried inserting the following embed code: <iframe width='1280' height='720' src='https://roundme.com/embed/194272/513788' frameborder='0' webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> 

I've also tried, as Mark Siegrist suggested above, to try a cleaner embed code generated through www.embedresponsibly.com, but it both codes give me an error asking me to insert a valid URL or embed code.

Trying this through Code Snippet does absolutely nothing too. Any suggestions or workarounds? 

Davide Arfé

Hi, Please, I have question, might be you did already answer to a similar question, if yes I apologize for it, can you support me with the following questions ? please

Is it possible to get a package of files embedded locally in a web based training created with Storyline360 tool or Rise360 tool, allowing to insert an URL link pointing to the package of files to click on it so launching the application/program impelemented with such package of files ?? so in other terms during the editing work using Storyline360 tool or Rise360 tool, is it possible to insert/embed a folder containing a list of files, at a certain point of the course being edited, inserting the URL link pointing to the package of files, so the course created as such will enable the students to launch an application/program, connected to the package of files embedded locally in the course, just clicking the URL link pointing to the package, URL link just embedded in the edited course ?

So I would need to get ""an application that's a virtual reality game/app"" embedded in a Rise360 created course, having it embedded together with the URL link needed to be clicked on to launch the application.  Can you suggest me how to edit the Rise360 course to embed it ? 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Davide, 

I've had to re-read your question a few times, as I'm not 100% clear.

Are you looking to link to the package of files vs. hosting the files on a website? The latter would allow you to use the embed code or URL and treat it as a web object inside Rise or Storyline. 

Are you looking for students to launch an application/program that they could work within, saving and creating inside the program but embedded in Rise or Storyline? 

Davide Arfé

Hi, thank you, I have a package of files implementing a virtual reality application, so it is a folder containing the files and the link "index.html", the link is used to launch the application.                 Clicking the link "index.html" it will launch the application which consists of just displaying some figures and content descriptions.

I need to embed such folder containing the files and the link "index.html" to launch the application, in the course edited/created with Articulate Storyline360, or if possible with Rise, I think it is feasible with ArticulateStoryline 360.

So I need to embed the application package into the Storyline360 course during the editing of course, and embedding and indicating the link to the application so the participants can launch the application embedded in the course.  Is it possible?   how?  can you suggest me the steps?  Thank you

Logan Stahler

Hi Ashley-

Thanks for the update.  Just to clarify, the fix doesn't allow iFrames to be made larger, does it?  It sounds like you addressed more of an issue with improper cut-offs?

Also, any idea when the Storyline embed option will be live and if that content can be larger than iFrame content?  Feedback on Rise our projects with iFrame content content continues to be, "Can you make that [iFrame] window larger??"

Thanks,

Logan

alex hoffenreich

Don't know if still relevant but i had the same problem and after some playing around i got to a work around that satisfied me.

I created an emptt html page with a js file that creates an iframe onload according to data received from parent.GetPlayer().GetVar ("url").

I embedded the page to a story line slide and set the "url" variable in storyline using the trigger.

When embedding the storyline to rise it displays the url in rise

I checked online and local file and works fine on chrome and edge

if it is still interesting i can upload the files 

James Reid

I feel it would be helpful to differentiate between (a) ability to embed web content that is hosted elsewhere inside a frame in Rise. and (b) ability to import an HTML5 Web Object such that it is hosted and exported as part of the Rise course. (not hosted elsewhere)

I understand that Rise currently (sept2021) can do (a) but not (b).

Storyline can do both,

Rise feature request: Import an HTML5 Web Object such that it is hosted and exported as part of the Rise course. (not hosted elsewhere)

If it helps, for starters, you could support only HTML5 Web Objects created in Storyline. Supporting other HTML5 authoring tools would be secondary.

Aimee Swartz

I can't find the  URL/Embed lesson type or block. This conversation (and others) I've found are quite old. I'm wondering if this has been updated or changed? I found the 'code snippet' block but that is not working when I put an iFrame in it. 

Can someone please tell me how to insert a  URL/Embed lesson type or block?

Thanks,

Aimee