Try your hand at pouring the perfect glass of wine in this creative Storyline demo. It showcases one cool way you can use sliders to invite learners to test their skills.

See it in action.

*This template will work for folks using Storyline 360 (included in Articulate 360), Storyline 3, or Storyline 2. Want to try it out? Get a free trial of Articulate 360.

25 Comments
Diana Myers

Hi Daniel, Are you trying the demo using the "See it in action." link above? I have Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (32-bit) on my work laptop and I'm able the drag the slider. I have the latest version of Chrome on my home PC (Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (32-bit).) and the course slider works in that version, too. Out of sheer curiosity, I tested it in IE (Version: 11.1508.15063.0), and it worked there. it also worked on Opera 58 on Windows 10. However, when I tried it in Firefox 60.2.0esr (32-bit), and it isn't working there. I looked on the Community, and I don't see many posts on sliders not working, so perhaps it was just a hiccup on Chrome? Let me know if it's still not working for you, along with your version of Chrome and I'll ... Expand

Diana Myers

Wow - as Bill and Ted would say, "Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K." I downloaded the file using the link above, and then the output worked differently in Chrome vs. IE. Chrome would get stuck on 13 ounces, and IE would get stuck on 0 ounces. The feedback layers by default were set to "Automatically Decide" when revising, but I think I've resolved it by changing the feedback layers to "Reset to Initial State" when revisiting. The new published output is available at http://s3.amazonaws.com/MyStorylineProjects/Interactive%20Slider%20%20The%20Perfect%20Pour%20Challenge%20-%20Storyline%20output/story_html5.html As I don't have the latest browsers, please let me know if this updated output works in your browser. If so, I'll ask the nice staff at Articulate to replace the file on ... Expand

Diana Myers
Diana Myers

Hi Lesley - I'm so glad this could help you. I took the original file and "converted" it to milliliters and updated the correct answer to 150ml (previously 5 ounces as 1 ounce = roughly 30ml). I basically duplicated each State of the colored wine and named the duplicated state for the number of MLs, then deleted the State with the ounce name. Then I updated the triggers to change each state as the slider moves, and lastly I changed the correct value to be 150ml instead of 6 ounces. Let me know if you have any trouble with this link: https://bit.ly/2K3K5QO - the file should download when you click or cut/paste that URL into your browser. I tested this new ML version a few times in Chrome, and it seems to be working - please test it as well and let me know if you run into any ... Expand

Diana Myers

Hi Sylvia, I'm not sure I understand your question, but I'd absolutely like to help! You can create your own state names when you add a new state or duplicate an existing one. As far as the "invisible" part, 3 elements are "stacked on top of one another to create the illusion: 1. At the bottom of the stack is the Wine Glass Base IMG - just as it was downloaded from an image website (Unsplash). 2. Next, the Wine Amount shape placed on the slide on top of the Wine Glass Base IMG. This freeform rectangle has some transparency so it looks like wine in a glass. 3. Lastly, I placed the Transp Glass IMG on top of the "stack." This is the same image as the Base image, but I used an image editing tool (SnagIt Editor) to "cut out" the interior of the wine glass - this allows the wine ... Expand

Diana Myers