Articulate Quizmaker lets you shuffle (randomize) the answer choices for some question types. Here's how:
Shuffling Answers for Individual Questions
To turn shuffling on or off for an individual question, do either of the following:
- In Form View, go to the Home tab, and use the Shuffle drop-down to select Answers or None.
- In Slide View, use the Shuffle drop-down in the Question panel (on the right side of the screen) to select Answers or None.
Setting the Default Shuffling Option for All New Questions
You can turn shuffling on or off and make it the default option for all new questions. It'll save development time. Here's how:
- Switch to Question List View.
- Go to the Home tab, and click Quiz Properties.
- Select the Question Defaults tab on the left side of the window.
- Mark the Shuffle answers box to enable shuffling for new questions. Uncheck the box to disable shuffling for new questions.
- Click OK.
Tip: Existing questions in your quiz won't be affected when you change the default setting, so it's a good idea to set your question defaults before adding any slides to your quiz. You can override the default setting for any question by changing the Shuffle setting for that particular question (see above).
Shuffling Some Answers but Not Others on the Same Question Slide
Want to shuffle some of the answer choices on a particular question slide, but not others? You can do that. Here's how:
- In Form View, go to the Home tab, and select Answers from the Shuffle drop-down. This turns on shuffling for the question.
- Then right-click each answer choice that you don't want to shuffle, and select Anchor Choice. This locks the answer choice in its current position; it won't get shuffled with the other answer choices.
Each answer choice that's anchored in place will display a chain link icon. If you change your mind, right-click the answer choice again, and select Remove anchor.