Want to add annotations to slides you’ve already narrated? Here’s how to do it.
- If the slides you want to annotate also contain PowerPoint animations that you plan on syncing with your audio, sync those first. This way, when you work with annotations, you'll be seeing the animated version of the slide. (Learn more about animations)
- With your presentation open in PowerPoint, go to a slide where you want to add annotations.
- From the Articulate menu, select Add Annotations.
- Choose an annotation shape, and click any of the Style options to customize its look. (If you want to see how the shape will display, or get a little practice with where to place the animations, click anywhere on your slide. To remove these practice shapes, you can click Clear All.)
- When you 're ready to begin annotating, click Start Annotation. You'll hear your audio narration start playing.
- At any point in the narration when you want an annotation to appear, just click on the screen where you want it. Keep applying more annotations, if you want, for the rest of the slide narration. Presenter will record any annotations you apply until you click pause or stop (or till the narration ends). Some tips:
- You can switch annotation shapes on the fly. Just choose a different shape anytime. The next time you click onscreen, the new shape will appear there.
- Need a sec to collect your thoughts or switch to a different shape? You can always click the pause button to pause the narration. This is helpful if you want a little time to change shapes or alter a shape's color or effect. Just start the narration back up again whenever you're ready.
- Display multiple annotations, or just one at a time. If you're applying several annotations to the same slide, click the single-arrow button when you want each annotation to replace the previous one. Or, click the multi-arrow button when you want all annotations to stay onscreen. You can toggle your choice back and forth. You can also click Clear All any time to remove any annotations currently onscreen.
- When you're done annotating, click the stop button or just wait till the narration finishes playing.
- Now click the play button to see how things look. If everything plays the way you want, then you're done! Use the slide selector to move to any other slide you'd like to annotate. Or, click Save & Close if you're finished.
If things don't quite look the way you want, you can start over. Just click Start Annotation again. Presenter will replace any previous annotations with your new ones.
If you change your mind and want to remove annotations from a slide, go to the annotations window by clicking Add Annotations on the Articulate menu. Then, click Start Annotation and immediately click Stop Annotation. This clears any annotations you've previously added.