Articulate Presenter ‘09 gives you an easy way of fine-tuning the timing of the animations you’ve sync’d. This can be a great time-saving alternative to re-syncing your entire slide, especially if you only need to make some small adjustments or change the timing of a few animated items.
The secret is in using Presenter’s timeline audio editor to make your tweaks. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint and click Audio Editor on the Articulate menu.
- From the list of thumbnails on the left side of your screen, select the slide whose animation timings you want to fine-tune.
- The view on the timeline jumps to the slide you selected. The dashed lines with blue dots at the top represent where each sync’d animation occurs. If you want to zoom in or out to adjust your view of the waveform and animation markers for that slide, click and drag the zoom tool in the lower-right corner.
- Select any animation marker that you’d like to adjust. The Position value in the lower-right corner gives you the exact timing of that item, and the number changes dynamically as you drag the marker so that you can place it right where you want.
- Another option is to click anywhere on the timeline (this moves the red playhead to the spot that you click), and then select Set Next Animation. This will cause the most recently occurring animation to jump to the spot you select.
- When you’re finished fine-tuning your animation timings, click Save & Close to go back to your presentation.
- If you want to see how your changes will appear in your published output, use the Preview button on the Articulate menu to have a look.