Now that you've learned how to customize the course menu, you might want to add some resources to your course player.
Resources are a great way to give learners access to helpful information, related websites, or file attachments from anywhere in the course. In this tutorial, you'll learn a few easy ways to add resources to your course player.
Watch this video first, then follow the steps below to practice. Download these practice files to follow along.
In this exercise, you'll add resources to your course via player tabs using two different methods. First, you'll use Storyline's built-in Resources feature. Then, you'll create a custom tab to display a lightbox slide.
Use the Built-in Resources Tab:
- Open one of the practice files from the Storyline_Files folder.
- Go to the Resources tab in the Player Properties window.
- Add the Wellness Application.pdf file from the Assets folder and name it Wellness Application.
- Add a link to a website as the second resource item.
- Preview the course and take a look at the contents of the Resources tab.
Create a Custom Tab and Lightbox Slide:
- Go to the Features tab in the Player Properties window.
- Add a new custom tab to the Topbar Right, which displays an existing slide as a lightbox when the user clicks it.
- Preview the course and click the custom tab you just created to see how the lightbox slide works.
Now you're ready to add any resources you want to your next course.
In the next tutorial, you'll learn how to customize the glossary.