Publish your Articulate Storyline courses to Microsoft Word for others to review or print. It's easy!
Step 1: Enter Title, Description, and Folder Location
- Go to the Home tab on the Storyline ribbon and click Publish.
- When the Publish window appears, select the Word tab on the left.
- Enter the course Title the way you want it to appear in your published output. It defaults to the name of your Storyline project file. (Changing the title won't affect the name of your project file.)
- The ellipsis button (...) beside the Title field lets you open an additional window where you can enter optional project information. This information will only be used if you later publish for the web and learners view the course on an iPad or Android tablet with the Articulate Mobile Player app. For details, see this tutorial.
- Use the Description field to give learners a synopsis of your course. Currently, the course description only appears on information cards in the Articulate Mobile Player app, so it doesn't apply to published Word documents.
- Use the Folder field to indicate where you want to publish your course (for example, your computer desktop). Click the ellipsis button (...) to browse to a specific location. Storyline will create a new folder in that spot with the published Word document.
Step 2: Choose the Document Properties
In the Properties section, choose from the following formatting options:
- Show Layers: When you publish to Word, the resulting document will have a screenshot of each slide's base layer. If you also want to include a screenshot of the other layers associated with each slide, mark this box. Layer screenshots will appear after the associated base layer in the Word document.
- Show Slide Notes: If you've added notes to your Storyline slides, you can include those notes in your Word document by marking this box. Notes text will appear below the screenshot of each slide's base layer in the Word document.
- Screenshot Size: This determines the size of the slide and layer screenshots in the Word document. Choose Medium or Large.
Step 3: Publish
When you're finished making selections, click the Publish button. When the publishing process is complete, you'll see the Publish Successful dialog.
- View Document: This opens the published Word document in Microsoft Word, where you can view and edit as needed.
- Email: This opens up a new email message with a zipped copy of your Word document attached. This makes it easy to share with a reviewer.
- FTP: This opens a window where you can enter your FTP credentials and transfer the Word document to a server.
- Zip: This creates a zipped file of your output in the location you specified on the Publish window.
- Open: This opens a file viewer where you can see the Word document that was just created. You can move, rename, or copy it.