Escape rooms are adventure games where a group of players are locked in room (real world or digital) and tasked with solving a series of puzzles and challenges in order to unlock a door that leads to their escape. Sounds like some e-learning courses you've probably taken, right? Well, this week we're making a game out of it!
Challenge of the Week
This week, your challenge is to share an interactive demo based on the popular escape the room games. You can choose any theme you like for your game.
The thing with EtR games is that they can go from tricky to frustrating quickly. Try to find ways to integrate hints, clues, and even cheats into your interaction. This will help your fellow challengers as well as your humble curator when he’s recapping your amazing examples.
We’ve seen some cool examples of escape games in the community. Here are a few you should check out to learn what's possible:
- Escape the Room By Joanna Kurpiewska
- Escape the Office - a Storyline 2 game By Lizzie Wakefield
- Storyline 360 Escape Room with xAPI "Trackery" By Alexander Salas
- Escape Room (scroll down for non-Tempshare version) By Heather Willis
Share Your E-Learning Work
- Comments: Use the comments section below to share a link to your published example and blog post.
- Forums: Start your own thread and share a link to your published example..
- Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
- Twitter: If you share your demos on Twitter, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.
Last Week’s Challenge:
Before this week’s challenge escapes your memory, check out the creative ways course designers are using awards and badges in e-learning:
Wishing you a break-out week, E-Learning Heroes!
New to the E-Learning Challenges?
The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.