The process interaction in Engage 360 lets learners discover the steps of a linear process. Use the process interaction to:
- Illustrate the steps of a process.
- Walk through a series of related items.
- Explain a workflow or procedure.
- Exploring the Editor
- Adding Steps to a Process
- Renaming Steps
- Rearranging Steps
- Deleting Steps
- Adding Content to Steps
- Changing the Numbering Style
The process editor has three columns with the following panels:
Located on the left side of the screen, this panel is used to manage steps for your interaction.
Located in the middle of the screen, this panel is used to add text to each step.
Located in the upper right corner of the editor, this panel is used to add and edit audio.
Here are some tips for working with the editor:
- Change the width of a column by dragging its boundary with your mouse.
- Click the triangle in the upper right corner of the audio panel to collapse it if you need more room to work with the media panel. Click it again to reopen the panel.
To add a step to your interaction, do any of the following:
- Press Ctrl+M.
- Go to the Process tab on the ribbon and click Add Step.
- Click the Create a new step button in the lower left corner of the Steps panel.
- Click the Duplicate button at the bottom of the Steps panel to copy the currently selected step(s).
New steps get added just below the step that's currently selected in the Steps panel—unless the summary is selected, in which case new steps get added above it.
Tip: A process interaction can have up to 20 steps (not counting the introduction and summary).
To rename a step, do either of the following:
- Double-click the step in the Steps panel to open it for editing. Type the new name and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Select the step in the Steps panel, then type the new name in the title field at the top of the text panel.
Tip: You can rename the introduction or summary in the same way.
To change the order of steps, select one or more steps in the Steps panel, then do any of the following:
- Drag them to a new location in the list. An orange line will move with your mouse to indicate where the steps will be dropped when your mouse button is released.
- Go to the Process tab on the ribbon, click Move Step, then select Up or Down.
- Use the Up and Down arrows at the bottom of the Steps panel.
Tip: The introduction and summary can't be moved.
To delete a step, select it in the Steps panel, then do any of the following:
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Go to the Process tab on the ribbon and click Delete Step.
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the Steps panel.
Tip: You can't delete the introduction or summary, but you can hide them.
To add text, audio, and media to each step in your interaction, see these user guides:
To change the numbering style for the navigation buttons in your process interaction, do this:
- Go to the Process tab on the ribbon and click Interaction Properties.
- Select the Process tab on the left side of the window that appears.
- Choose a numbering style from the Number process steps using drop-down.
- Click OK.