In this lesson you'll use Quizmaker's Blank Slides to display custom feedback in your quiz. This is a really great use for Blank Slides because you can retain the visual layout of your questions while providing the appropriate feedback for the choices.
STEP 1: Creating the feedback slide
Before we do anything with our Blank Slide, we need to first copy the text and graphics from our question slide. Why? Well, it's easier to copy-paste our question slide graphics than it is to re-insert the text and images.
- Double-click Question 1's thumbnail to open the question
- Click Slide View to change views
- Shift-click everything on the slide except the radio buttons. Radio buttons can't be copied so things like Control-A won't work.
- Copy the selected objects by pressing Control-C
- Click Save & Close to return to Question List
- Create a Blank Slide
- Click Slide View
- Delete the existing text boxes on the slide
- Paste the copied items on the slide by pressing Control-V
All right, we now have a Blank Slide that looks like our question slide - minus the radio buttons. We can now add the feedback-specific elements to the slide.
STEP 2: Adding visual and text-based feedback
We'll start by inserting the feedback icons over the choices. Then we'll change the choice box's color from white to green. The color change will visually signal the correct choice. And finally, we'll swap the Host_Question.png graphic for the Host_Feedback.png image.
Inserting the feedback icons:
- Add the icons by going to Insert > Picture > Icon_Correct.png. Repeat for Icon_Incorrect.png.
- Control-click-drag the Icon_Incorrect.png to duplicate it
- Position the icons over the appropriate choice boxes
Changing the choice box color:
- Select Choice_C.png and go to Format > Recolor > More Variations and
- Choose a bright green color
Changing the StepImage:
The StepImages change on every feedback slide. So while we're giving feedback to Question 1 on this slide, we're also setting up Question 2.
- Right-click Q1_StepImage.png and select Change Picture...
- Browse to your images folder and select Q2_StepImage.png
- Right-click Host_Question.png and choose Change Picture...
- Browse the image folder and select Host_Feedback.png
- Select Open to replace the image
Now that our graphics and images are updated, we can update the feedback text.
STEP 3: Adding the feedback text
And finally, we'll add the main feedback content to our slide. We'll return to the RSI_Storyboard for Question 1 feedback.
- Go to Insert > Picture > Feedback_box.png to insert the background graphic for feedback. The feedback box was a shape created in Quizmaker and saved out as a .png file. Feel free to update with your own graphic.
- Position the feedback box below the Q1 image
- In your RSI_Storyboard.docx, copy the feedback for Question 1 and return to Quizmaker
- In Quizmaker, create a text box over the feedback box by going to Insert > Text Box and paste the copied text into the text box by pressing Control-V
- Change the font to Trebuchet MS and select a white or off-white color
- Apply some additional formatting so the first line is size Bold, Font Size is 12 and the body text is Normal with a Font Size of 10.5
- Click Save & Close to return to the Question List.
In the next lesson we'll review our progress and look at some ways to modify the quiz Player Template.