Engage ’09 makes it easy for your learners to resume where they left off, if they need to leave your interaction before they've finished it. This is especially helpful if you've selected Linear as your playback mode—because otherwise users will have to start at the beginning and view your whole interaction all over again when they return. (More on playback modes.)
Activate the Resume Feature
Let's take a look at how to activate the resume feature in an interaction.
- Open your interaction in Engage and select Interaction Properties.
- Click the second tab on the left edge of the window. Its name will match the type of interaction you're working with—for example, it'll say Pyramid Diagram if your interaction is a Pyramid.
- In the Player Features section, click the box next to Allow resume.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Publish your interaction, and next time learners leave the interaction, when they come back they'll be able to pick up where they left off. If you've published the interaction as standalone content, learners will see the following prompt when they return. The prompt may also appear if you've added your interaction to a Presenter course, but only if you've chosen not to enable the prompt-to-resume feature in the course's player template.