Engage ’09 includes an option to publish your interaction content to Microsoft Word. Publishing to Word can be a nice tool for situations when you want to provide learners with a printable copy of your e-learning content, or if you want to provide a copy of your content to a reviewer or a translator.
Here’s how to publish your Engage interaction to Word:
- Open your interaction in Articulate Engage.
- On the Engage toolbar, choose Publish.
- Choose Word from the left edge of the window.
- For the Folder field, enter the location where you want your Word document to be created. You can click the ellipsis (...) button to browse to the location you want.
- Now review the information in the Properties section of the window:
- Items indicates what’s in your interaction. If you need to change this information, click Cancel and go back to your interaction and make any additions or deletions that you need.
- Quality can be left as is. This information is used for other publishing options; it’s not used for publishing to Word.
- Color Scheme indicates the colors you've applied to your interaction. Click the link if you want to switch to a different color scheme or make any other last-minute adjustments to the colors and effects used in your interaction. (More about color schemes.)
- Playback Mode indicates how your users will move through your interaction. This won’t affect the output of your Word doc, so you can leave this as is. (More about playback modes.)
- Click Publish.
That's all there is to it! Engage creates your Word document in the folder you specified. Then you'll see this pop-up, and you can choose whichever option suits you:
- View Document: This opens your Word document in Microsoft Word so that you can take a look and make any edits you like.
- Email: This opens up a new email message with a zipped file of your Word document attached. This might be helpful if you need to share your interaction with an SME or other reviewer.
- FTP: This pops up a window where you can enter your FTP credentials and transfer your output to your website.
- ZIP: This creates a zipped file of your output.
- Open Folder: This opens a file viewer where you can see the file Engage just created, so that you can move, rename, or copy it.