The Checklist interaction lets learners explore a list of related items. Use the Checklist interaction to:
- Walk through a list of related concepts.
- Provide instructions or reminders.
- Identify a to-do list.
Exploring the Editor
The Checklist editor has three columns with the following panels:
- Steps: Located on the left side of the screen, this panel is used to manage items for the Checklist.
- Text: Located in the middle of the screen, this panel is used to add text to each item.
- Audio: Located in the upper right corner of the editor, this panel is used to add and edit audio.
- Media: Located in the lower right corner, this panel is used to add pictures, characters, videos, and Flash files.
Here are some tips for working with the editor:
- Change the width of a column by dragging its boundary with your mouse.
- Click the triangle in the upper right corner of the Audio panel to collapse it if you need more room to work with the Media panel. Click it again to reopen the panel.
Each step in a Checklist interaction is called an item. To add an item, do any of the following:
- Press Ctrl+M.
- Go to the Checklist tab on the ribbon, and click Add Item.
- Click the Create a new step button in the lower left corner of the Steps panel.
- Click the Duplicate button at the bottom of the Steps panel to copy the currently selected item(s).
New items get added just below the item that's currently selected in the Steps panel—unless the summary is selected, in which case new items get added above it.
Tip: A Checklist interaction can have up to eight items (not counting the introduction and summary).
To rename an item, do either of the following:
- Double-click the item in the Steps panel to open it for editing. Enter the new name, and press the Enter key.
- Select the item in the Steps panel, and type the new name in the title field at the top of the text panel.
Tip: You can rename the introduction or summary in the same way.
To change the order of items, select one or more items in the Steps panel, and do any of the following:
- Drag them to a new location in the list. An orange line will move with your mouse to indicate where the items will be when your mouse is released.
- Go to the Checklist tab on the ribbon, click Move Item, and select either Up or Down.
- Use the Up and Down arrows at the bottom of the Steps panel.
Note: The introduction and summary can't be moved.
To delete an item, select it in the Steps panel, and do any of the following:
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Go to the Checklist tab on the ribbon, and click Delete Item.
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the Steps panel.
Tip: You can't delete the introduction or summary, but you can hide them.
Adding Content to Items
To add text, audio, and media to each item, see the following tutorials:
Changing the Placement and Appearance of the Clipboard
The clipboard can appear on the left or the right side of your published interaction. And you can give it an optional page curl effect. Here's how to change its placement and appearance:
- Go to the Checklist tab on the ribbon, and click Interaction Properties.
- Select the Checklist tab on the left side of the window.
- Choose Left or Right from the drop-down on the right side of the window.
- Mark the Show page curl box to give the lower right corner of the clipboard a page curl effect. Uncheck it if the curl interferes with your list of items.
- Click OK.