The Folders interaction lets learners explore the contents of a series of folders. Use the Folders interaction to:
- Walk through a list of related concepts.
- Identify members of a group.
- Compare several objects.
Exploring the Editor
The Folders editor has three columns with the following panels:
- Steps: Located on the left side of the screen, this panel is used to manage folders for the interaction.
- Text: Located in the middle of the screen, this panel is used to add text to each folder.
- Audio: Located in the upper right corner of the editor, this panel is used to add and edit audio.
- Media: Located in the lower right corner, this panel is used to add pictures, characters, videos, and Flash files.
Here are some tips for working with the editor:
- Change the width of a column by dragging its boundary with your mouse.
- Click the triangle in the upper right corner of the Audio panel to collapse it if you need more room to work with the Media panel. Click it again to reopen the panel.
Each step in a Folders interaction is called a folder. To add a folder to your interaction, do any of the following:
- Press Ctrl+M.
- Go to the Folders tab on the ribbon, and click Add Folder.
- Click the Create a new step button in the lower left corner of the Steps panel.
- Click the Duplicate button at the bottom of the Steps panel to copy the currently selected folder(s).
New folders get added just below the folder that's currently selected in the Steps panel—unless the summary is selected, in which case new folders get added above it.
Tip: A Folders interaction can have up to eight folders (not counting the introduction and summary).
To rename a folder, do either of the following:
- Double-click the folder in the Steps panel to open it for editing. Enter the new name, and press the Enter key.
- Select the folder in the Steps panel, and type the new name in the title field at the top of the text panel.
Tip: You can rename the introduction or summary in the same way.
To change the order of folders, select one or more folders in the Steps panel, and do any of the following:
- Drag them to a new location in the list. An orange line will move with your mouse to indicate where the folders will be when your mouse is released.
- Go to the Folders tab on the ribbon, click Move Folder, and select either Up or Down.
- Use the Up and Down arrows at the bottom of the Steps panel.
Note: The introduction and summary can't be moved.
To delete a folder, select it in the Steps panel, and do any of the following:
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- Go to the Folders tab on the ribbon, and click Delete Folder.
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the Steps panel.
Tip: You can't delete the introduction or summary, but you can hide them.
Adding Content to Folders
To add text, audio, and media to each folder, see the following tutorials: