If you use Articulate Online, normally you’ll publish and upload all at the same time. But sometimes you might want the option of publishing locally first, and then manually uploading your content to Articulate Online. For example, maybe a corporate firewall prohibits you from publishing and uploading all at once. Or maybe your internet connection has been interrupted for a little while, but you still want to publish your content now and then upload later once your connection is restored. Another example is if you want to make some manual changes to the files in your published content before you upload it to Articulate Online.
Here’s how to publish your content locally and then manually upload it:
STEP 1: Enable Manual Uploading
First, you need to make sure your content is set up for manual upload:
- If you’re publishing from Presenter: Choose Presentation Options and select the Publish tab from the left edge of the window. Mark the box that says Enable publish for manual uploading to Articulate Online, and click OK.
- If you’re publishing from Storyline or Quizmaker: Click the Articulate button in the upper-left of the menu, then choose Storyline Options or Quizmaker Options. Mark the box next to Enable publishing for manual upload to Articulate Online and click OK.
- If you’re publishing from Engage: Click the Articulate button in the upper-left of the Engage menu, then choose Engage Options. Mark the box next to Enable publish for manual uploading to Articulate Online and click OK.
STEP 2: Publish Your Content
- Now you’re ready to publish your content to your computer’s hard drive. Click Publish.
- Choose the Articulate Online tab from the left edge of the window.
- Under Account Information, use the Account URL selector to choose Publish Locally.
- In the Local Folder field, choose the location on your hard drive to which you want to publish. You can click the ellipsis (…) to browse to a location.
- Click Publish.
Your published content gets created in the location you specified. When the Publish Successful window appears, you can click Open Folder to see the compressed file that got created.
If you need to make some manual changes to the published output, now’s the time to do that. Just change the file extension to zip, unzip the file, and make your changes. Then rezip the file and change the extension back to what it was originally. (SL1 for Storyline, ART6 for Presenter, QM3 for Quizmaker, or EN2 for Engage.)
STEP 3: Upload Your Published Content to Articulate Online
When you’re ready to upload your content to Articulate Online, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Articulate Online account and select the Settings tab.
- Choose Other Settings.
- Mark the box next to Enable manual uploading. Then click Save.
- Click the Content tab.
- Choose Manual Upload (it’ll be at the bottom of your content list).
- In the window that appears, enter a name for your content and then click Browse to find the compressed file you created earlier when you published. Select the file and click Open.
- Click Upload.
That’s it! If you click the Content tab, you’ll now see your newly uploaded content in the list.